Losing volume to the face due to the aging process is a common cosmetic issue. Many turn to dermal fillers and volumizers to remedy this and rejuvenate their skin, but Dr. Wendell Perry has a safer, longer-lasting solution – a fat transfer into the face.
Contact board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Wendell Perry at his Miami location today to schedule a consultation, where your cosmetic concerns and expectations will be discussed.
What is a Fat Transfer?
As we age, shape and volume to the face are lost, creating lines and wrinkles that make us appear older or tired. There are several skin fillers and volumizers on the market that also treat this problem, but injecting chemical solutions into your skin can be risky and the results typically only last for one year.
With a fat transfer into the face, your own fat cells are harvested from other parts of your body where excess fat can be found such as in the buttocks or abdomen. Through a safe, in-office procedure, the fat is then injected into the treated areas of the face or, in some cases, the hands. A fat transfer can treat several skin conditions, including:
- Deep frown and smile lines
- Thin lips
- Acne and trauma scars
- Skin depressions
What are the Benefits of a Fat Transfer?
- A fat transfer is a non-surgical procedure that uses tissue your body already recognizes instead of chemicals.
- By restoring natural fatty cushion to your face, you regain your natural, younger appearance.
- The amount of stem cells in your fat have a naturally-rejuvenating effect on your skin
- There is often less down time with a fat transfer in comparison to other rejuvenation treatments
A fat transfer can be used in place of or in tandem with a facelift procedure in order to gain optimum results.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Fat Transfer?
During your consultation, Dr. Perry will outline the fat transfer procedure and help you determine whether this procedure is right for you and your personal expectations. But generally, appropriate candidates for a fat transfer include:
- Individuals in general good health
- Those who are allergic to synthetic facial fillers
- Patients who have realistic expectations and cosmetic goals
What is Recovery Like?
Typical side effects include mild swelling, bruising and numbness, which go away a few weeks after the procedure. The healing process depends on the individual, but typically downtime is minimal. Doctor Perry will inform you of the possible risks and other side effects associated with a fat transfer during your consultation. You will also be informed of any necessary aftercare.
While the results of a fat transfer are long-lasting, they are still subject to the effects of normal aging and gravity.
If you’re ready for long-lasting facial rejuvenation with natural results, contact Dr. Perry today.