Get the Most Out of Your Brazilian Butt Lift

By on January 30, 2018 under Blog

A Brazilian butt lift uses liposuction to remove unwanted fat from another part of the body and places it into the buttocks for improved shape, size, and contour. However, the procedure is not as simple as injecting fat and sending you on your way; there are a few things you’ll need to do to make sure you receive optimal results!

Understanding Fat Cells

Fat cells require a blood supply to survive, otherwise, they will be eliminated. When fat cells are placed, some will receive blood supply and give permanent results, and others will die. This is important to understand because the goal after your BBL is to keep as many fat cells alive as possible! You can expect to lose about 30% of your fat cells no matter what you do, but you can control how much of the other 70% you keep.

No Sitting!

Your new fat cells will be the weakest right after surgery and will continue to gain strength over the next three weeks. For the first ten days, you must refrain from sitting to avoid killing fat cells. This also includes laying down on your buttocks. After ten days, you can begin sitting, but not for an extended period. You might try sitting for 30 minutes at a time and then getting up and moving. After three weeks, the fat cells that have survived are likely permanent.

Prevent Clotting

Like any procedure requiring general anesthesia, there is a risk of a blood clot. You can prevent a clot by keeping your body moving and drinking plenty of fluids. Simple movements can be done the day after surgery to prevent clots such as flexing your foot, tapping your toes, and keeping your legs moving. If you do experience signs of a clot such as swelling in one leg, chest pain, or shortness of breath, seek medical attention right away.

Choose an Experienced Surgeon

Choosing a plastic surgeon with enough education and experience is essential for safe and effective results. A skilled surgeon will take their time with your BBL, making many injections of small amounts of fat for even contour, better blood supply, and less chance for complications.

If you are in the Miami, FL area, you can trust Dr. Wendell Perry for your Brazilian butt lift procedure. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation!